Thursday, September 13, 2012

Difficult Days



When the days of feasting had completed their cycle, Job would send and consecrate them, rising up early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to the number of them all; for Job said, “Perhaps my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually. ~Job 1:5

When I'm going through a difficult time in life, I usually think of Job and then I don't feel as bad anymore.  Mind you, I still feel bad but in contrast to what Job went through it is nothing.  If you have ever read the book of Job then you know how faithful he was to God even through the most painful and difficult times in his life; even through losing his children to death.  The scripture above shows how faithful he was by sacrificing burnt offerings for possible sins that might have been committed for himself and also on behalf of his children (just in case his family might have sinned); how loving is that!  I love the part where he says "Perhaps my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts."  He was so concerned for the salvation of his family.  

We no longer have to offer burnt offerings as a sacrifice for sin anymore, thank the Lord!  Jesus was our sacrifice!  He paid for our sins by the sacrifice of His life!  We do, however, have to make the decision for ourselves whether or not we will serve Him.  That is our choice and it's a serious one.  We can't make that decision for any of our family members.  Oh how I wish I could for those in my family who are not serving Him.  It makes me so sad and grieves me deeply.  I can relate to Job in  regard to that!  Deciding to serve Jesus Christ is THE most important decision you will ever make in your life.  Either decision you choose will have a major effect on your life!  Choose wisely and choose Him!

Jesus offers us rest for our souls...find true and everlasting peace and rest in Him today!  

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” ~Mark 11:28-30

In Christ,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment